Shop fabricated fittings are available in virtually any configuration on special order. Fittings facilitate field connections and minimize flow disruption where lines merge or changes in flow direction occur.
The more common fittings are shown here. Dimensions shown on the table can be used to determine the quantity of material required for fabrication.
- To use table, first refer to diagram and select letter representing desired dimension, then enter table at correct pipe dimension and read dimension in column under appropriate letter heading.
- Dimensions on table allow for use of standard 12 inch wide band coupler on sizes 12 inch through 54 inch and 24 inch wide band on 60 inch and larger sizes.
- For pipe-arch fittings, choose pipe diameter equal to or greater than arch span. (Example: 35 inch x 24 inch pipe-arch – use dimensions for 36 inch pipe).
- For mixed sizes or other configurations, inquire.
- Structural reinforcement may be required on some larger sizes.